Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Year of Intention

Hooray I've gotten in the back door of cyberspace and my computer is allowing me to post. So lets begin with my now favorite word - intention. I have always hated the word goal, it's too cranial for this creative, intuitive, feeling person. On the Meyers Briggs test I always score 0 on the thinking part. So intention has a much deeper heart gut thing going for it. If you really want it you will go for it. I did a dream board since I couldn't cognitively come up with what I wanted. Who knew that by clipping magazine pictures that appealed to me would show my deepest longing where intentions come from. I had an entire board on beautiful clean houses and right then and there I set my intention to get the clutter out of my house.

You see I'm a baby of a depression baby so nothing gets thrown out. I still have the first pair of shoes I bought in High School. Needless to say they are older than most of the teachers I work with. My father was a hoarder and I married one.

Funny thing was 2 weeks after I discovered/acknowledged it, my son decided our house needed cleaning up, his motivation being his girlfriend visiting. One of the quotes I had put on my dream board was not doing it all yourself. Well you see I among 4 people - 3 messy males- have been the only one cleaning. To get anyone to work took screaming,conjoling,threatening, bribing and the martyrdom of it all led me to resentment. So I who have done it all by myself for too many years, have started "Team Buist" where all 4 of us conquer a room for the evening.

I was going to do a drawing system but we decided to all work together. However with my son forging the way some of his priorites were different than mine. The VHS tapes of course were taking over, yet they had a place but my son decided to take all of them off the shelf. I of course had to go throught all he was tossing to look for tapes such as my Wedding, Ministry Consecration, his ultrasound etc. I didn't realize that my husband had gotten lots of used VHSs at garage sales to tape over. To my horror I discovered Russ Limbaugh recordings that had no place in my home. After sorting them all out my husband insisted that I count them for income tax purposes - so again I went through them. It was 210 VHSs later that I took to Goodwill.

Dishes are still the job no one wants to take. My sons complain that Dad doesn't do them and when I ask him he'll say, "Well I cooked one night this week." This was the night I shaped the burgers, got all the ingredients together and he barbequed needing my son to assist him.

Well enough for now. We have spent three days working on the garage and have taken loads to Goodwill. My kingdom for a dumpster.

More Team Buist later.

MJ.

1 comment:

  1. MJ,
    Your blog is terrific! And I loved the comments you made about the magazine clipping collage. I have been collecting clippings, too, since we discussed it on Facebook a while back. I need to put all of it into a poster and start zeroing in on my dreams.

    Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration.
    I am your newest follower on this blog.
    God bless, my Sister.
    Aya

    ReplyDelete